Father’s Day is just around the corner, and it’s a day to make dad feel especially loved, appreciated and special. We’ve got some ways to make it a memorable one for dad and the whole family.
The way to a man’s heart….
is through his stomach. Make dad his favourite breakfast, meal or dessert. Nothing beats a nice roast, or a leg of lamb, with some roasted potatoes and a wam malva pudding For some great recipes, click here. You might also have a braai and do the braaing yourself and let dad sit back and relax. You can order in his favourite foods, or order ready made meals from some of the best Stellenbosch establishments.
If dad likes the outdoors and being active, go mountain biking together in Jonkershoek or Somerbosch, or hike any one of the Stellenbosch mountains together. Make it a family affair and take everything for a picnic along.
Ideas for father’s day gifts
- Clothing: make winter stylish and comfortable, by gifting socks, sweaters, pajamas or the trustworthy special tie.
- Sweets: For those with a sweet tooth, buy him his favourite chocolates or candy, and if he prefers salty things, get him a good amount of delicious biltong.
- Books: If dad’s a reader, buy him a book from his favourite author, or give him a book voucher so that he can choose.
- Tech: For those dads who love gadgets, have a look at Takealot’s options, or other good places like Cape Union Mart.
- Chef: If dad likes to cook, head over to YuppyChef for the best in kitchenware.
- Fragrance: Smelling nice isn’t just for the ladies. Get dad his go-to aftershave or eau de toilette.
- Drink: Now with the lockdown allowance of alcohol, treat dad with a bottle of his favourite wine or perhaps craft beer.
Watch his favourite movie or show together
Spend time together in front of the fireplace and watch dad’s favourite movie together. Make his favourite snacks and press play. For some movie and show ideas that will cater to a variety of interests, have a look here or go through this list of good options. If you’re a fan, go old-school and play a board game together.
If you cannot be physically with your dad, you can opt to deliver food or gifts to him, and make a video call to spend time together.
*We sincerely empathise with those whose fathers are not with us anymore.
#livestellenbosch #leefstellenbosch #positivity #stayathome #community #socialcohesion #supportlocal #winter #fathersday