With the new year beginning, a new academic year also starts. We at Anna Basson Properties would like to welcome all the first years students to both the town of Stellenbosch and to Stellenbosch University (SU).
Stellenbosch is truly a unique town and has much to offer. Here are some of the best things you can experience:
- Nature: whether it’s hiking the Stellenbosch mountains, or walking down Die Laan with its oak trees, it is a beautiful town steeped in natural beauty.
- University spirit: with all the different residences, societies and festivals, you’ll definitely experience a great vibe.
- Coffee & cafe culture: there are numerous wonderful cafes in town and some of the best coffee can be found here. Try them all and find your favourite spot.
- Wine farms: there are so many wine farms to choose from in the area. Enjoy wine tastings and amazing views. Venture out to Paarl and Franschhoek for more wine experiences.
- History: Stellenbosch and SU is steeped in history, traditions and culture. Explore the historic beginnings of town and become part of the proud Matie traditions.
We wish you a fun and successful time as a student in Stellenbosch!
For those of us who were first years a long time ago, but still want to learn, you can expand your knowledge through the short courses offered UCT’s Summer School, happening from 6-25 January 2020.
Depending on your interest, you can learn more about artists like Monet or Picasso, take a focus on the South African economy, or even have a deeper look at human genetics. There are language courses for beginners in and if you’re a budding writer, you can get a jumpstart by taking part in the various writing courses.